Introduce Yourself

• Blue Shadow
  • Blue Shadow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by Blue Shadow
Introduce Yourself was created by Blue Shadow
Simply, this is a thread where people can post self-introductions or merely say "hi". Newly registered users are encouraged to post here. I'll go first:
    Hello, I'm Blue Shadow, and I'm awesome.
Warning: Spoiler!

Your turn!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ark
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by ark
Replied by ark on topic Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Ark, but really I'm Lycaon. No really, I'm actually Lycaon, this account is pretty old, from before i even posted in doomworld and zdoom forums.

I'm from Argentina and i've been playing doom since i could press keys on a keyboard.

So, uhm, i like mapping and stuff, but i like to use storylines and dialogs in my maps. I'm currently making Doom Happens, an eclectic project that will be finished in a couple years from now, prolly 2018.

• CaptainManiac
  • Cacodemon
  • Cacodemon
More
8 years 4 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by CaptainManiac
Replied by CaptainManiac on topic Introduce Yourself
Hi,i am Captain Maniac,aka xXMadmanx.I am begginer in modding and know very little about all of modding of Doom.
I am also an insane naive straight bastard that cannot get himself a girlfriend,because of naivness,mental unstability(i can outburst of rage easily if i hear offence about something that i am really not),have less respect and did mad things.Although my chance of getting girlfriend is 1%,i would be still straight(better shoot myself if i come to other way).To be honest,if i get lciense for gun and buy a gun i will make a selfie while aiming it
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by CaptainManiac. Reason: Now i am honest

• BadMojo
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by BadMojo
Replied by BadMojo on topic Introduce Yourself
EYY! Im BadMojo, or at least that's what im gonna call myself.. Ive been playing doom since it came out, and have been modding for my own private use for at least 15 years... nothing special really. Im self taught, and know a little bit about everything rather than alot about one thing so ill try to help out as much as i can. :cool:

Notable Skills:
  • Music composition
  • Basic sound design knowledge
  • Know the basic fundamentals of art and the use of photo manipulation
  • Have dabbled in programming
  • Mapping (2.5D and 3D (quake, unreal, half life.. and doom3))
  • Anything deep/dark/satanic/demonic/gore related (what happens when you grow up playing doom :XD: )

What i cant do:
I have no imagination when it comes to story telling... My maps have no backstory.

This is also the first forum ive signed up to.. ive read the rules, but if i do something wrong dont hesitate to let me know :P

Cheers!

• DBJ87
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic Introduce Yourself
(Very Nervous) I'm DBJ87, can just call me Joe (real name). Been modding since 2015, (still not managed to get a full 32 map WAD done, but it's been down to bad luck, bad software & bad timing 6 projects wiped off completely & gone forever so far lol)
Would like to thank the team at Realm667 for the repository, used this for the main base ideas... took me a very long time to start my own weapons & enemies & took me even longer to sign up here late last year, mostly due to bad responses elsewhere (I'm open to criticism but when people really get nasty if you're asking for advice, it is very unnerving), built up some files, took a gamble sharing some here & but everyone here has been nothing but supportive which I can't thank you enough for...

Can & will go on & on lol. So I'll finish saying, after my version of the Quad-Shotgun was uploaded, I knew this was the right place to come, while my projects might not be fully original as far as home-made sprites go, I've got a few enemies on here that everyone seems to be enjoying, I'm finishing off the biggest one I've been building up on these last few weeks & after this is done. I have another home made boss type enemy (sadly, another appearance copied from an unsubmitted enemy), that I'd like to try & get a change of appearance on before putting it up as a proper submission...

keep an eye open for the Pyrobus ;)

• Faceman2000
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by Faceman2000
Replied by Faceman2000 on topic Introduce Yourself
Hey, I'm Faceman. I've been lurking the site and forum for a while now but never made an account. I've messed with Doom on and off since 2011 I think, and I've mostly done work on monsters in that time. Some day I'll get around to submitting some of the sprites I've done. Anyway, yep, that's me!

• ravick
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by ravick
Replied by ravick on topic Introduce Yourself
Well, I don't know if it is still needed, but I'm Ravick, from Zdoom and BRDoom forums.

I've posted a few monsters here a few times, just like the slaughterhous, (that I can't find anymore D:) and was away from the Doom community for a while, until a few months ago.

• Kaapeli47
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
7 years 11 months ago #8 by Kaapeli47
Replied by Kaapeli47 on topic Introduce Yourself
I'm Kaapeli47 from Finland. I like Retro-styled FPS games a lot and I've been playing them since 2012.

I bought Doom Classic Complete from Steam in late 2012 and found out that the DOS versions were a bit difficult, so I downloaded the more reliable ZDoom and later Skulltag, and although without knowing that since 2010 Skulltag was no more developed, I still like the port. I currently use Zandronum, which is an up-to-date version of Skulltag.

As a Doom-gamer I've read lots of forum posts from different Doom community forums (just about some in-game info, such as console commands), but have signed up in none of the forums to post anything, until this site got my attention and became the first (and currently the only one) forum I've signed up to.

Today I am making a Doom WAD called Cataclysm.wad, but it's currently in a VERY early alpha state and I've had many breaks from making it. I have borrowed some weapons and monsters from different wads and sites, including Realm667's Doom-Style Armory. Still, I have made two weapons from scratch (at least for the programming part, I've still edited existing sprites with GIMP) and have edited some of the other weapons. I may submit my weapons to Realm's Armory when I get Cataclysm done.

My notable talents:
Programming (at least I program Doom's DECORATE language very well, I program with SLADE)
2,5D Mapping (with Doom Builder because SLADE tends to crash sometimes :oops: )
The basics of graphics design (at least it's the basics with GIMP (and MS Paint :XD: ))

My notable difficulties:
Storytelling. (I don't know much about it until I get to the point of it in my WAD.)
Drawing graphics from scratch. (I can edit existing graphics, but can't make any from empty.)
Composing music (I've borrowed MIDI music for my WAD from freemidi.org)

I think that's all I can say about my story of how did I get into Doom modding.

"Thou canst not win their two pair with thy pair of twos."

• InterdimensionalInterloper
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by InterdimensionalInterloper
Replied by InterdimensionalInterloper on topic Introduce Yourself
Hello all. I have been playing doom all my life and drawing level ideas on construction paper since grade three. So naturally I keep finding myself plotting new projects for the game now that I can actually edit it. I am currently working on a megawad that merges my personal weapons mod with actual levels made by me personally so I will be eager to receive any feedback when I get it. Actually, the thing that finally drove me to make an account was this issue i'm having with getting a silver skull key to work in the editor program i am using "Slade" So if you could help with that please reply.

• skelepound
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
6 years 8 months ago #10 by skelepound
Replied by skelepound on topic Introduce Yourself
SUP! Name is skelepound, I also go by relist, relist12, relist13, and occasionally relist14(accounts made on various sites. The number is my age at the time of making the account. I stopped using relist around when I turned 17-18) I am a strange, mildly autistic(no, really) modder who has been floating around for quite some time. I think I played DOOM for the first time back in 2008 or thereabouts, mebbe a bit earlier. I eat a lot, but never gain weight, I play a lot of videogames from the SNES, and i am also an amateur Java programmer making a coffeebreak roguelike(I plan on making money on that one).

My notable talents:
2.5D Mapping(When I have DOOM Builder. Slade aint as nice, but I'm getting there. I'm pretty damn decent at it though.)
Storytelling - I'm a creative bastard, and I love a good wad with a good story - and there aren't too many around, sadly.

My notable difficulties:
Graphics(I get bored REALLY fast, even w. palette swaps.
DECORATE(Though i'm working on it - I would like to git gud eventually)
Music(I'm actually not bad, but I don't have the resources right now or the time. On a major project I might)

While I'm here, I'd like to mention that while a couple of my projects are dead ATM(waiting for help from others due to poor DECORATE), I'd like to know if anyone could use a map designer, or maybe some music? Contact me bro - i got the same username on the ZDOOM forums. Its rather odd, but while i aint bad at Java, DECORATE somehow eludes my grasp. Also, Kaapeli47, love your avatar - I am going to steal it and use it elsewhere. I also find it ironic that faceman is the only guy in this thread without an avatar - without a face. I'm rambling, so gonna end here.