header general

Introduce Yourself

• qbradq
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
6 years 2 months ago #11 by qbradq
Replied by qbradq on topic Introduce Yourself
Hey ya'll! Wolf 3D Shareware was my first computer game. By the time Quake came out I had started getting into map making. I did maps for Quake, Half-Life, and Unreal engines and dabbled with Q2 and Q3. I never released anything back then, I was just trying to learn. And I was never very good at it either :)

I recently sat down to play Doom 2 for the first time. Before this I had never gotten past map04. I was really impressed by most of the level design. map17 especially impressed me and made me want to make my own short wad. I was delighted to find Doom mapping very easy. I posted my first draft of my first map in the Workshop section for comments.

I also do pixel art, but I've never worked on anything with a larger resolution than 32x32. I hope to contribute to the FreeDOOM project in some way. I am also a programmer but haven't looked into DECORATE / ACS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
5 years 7 months ago #12 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic Introduce Yourself
Hey guys whats up, it's been a while since I last visited (over 5 years i think). Apparently my original account got deleted, I had to create a new one. No problem though, I'm just glad to see Realm667 still alive and kicking! :D
Since my departure I did a lot of Arma 2 modding, but recently I decided to give my old unfinished Doom projects some love. I got a few monsters, weapons and powerups that I made for a certain map project, but I'm really slow when it comes to map making. So before the project never sees a release, I might as well submit some of the work I did so far. My map project is heavily Acid/Poison themed, so the monsters and items are too. I already submitted some of them (eg. Mutant Sphere, Volacubi), and I will submit more stuff as soon as it's ready. I know you guys are really busy atm, so I don't expect approvals anytime soon. Or at all for that matter :XD:

• TheMightyHeracross
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
5 years 7 months ago #13 by TheMightyHeracross
Replied by TheMightyHeracross on topic Introduce Yourself
Hey all, I go by the username "TheMightyHeracross." I've been here for a few years now, and I've contributed a few submissions to the repository, such as the Minigunner, Exterminator, Medical Baclpack, the Strife Rebel pack, and the Axe, among others. I love Doom modding, especially the coding aspect, yet I can't seem to get a finished project off the ground. :P So I tend to hang around and be useful to others if I can. I also happen to be a big Strife fan (that one with the robots that no one ever talks about), so there's that too.

• elend
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
4 years 11 months ago #14 by elend
Replied by elend on topic Introduce Yourself
Good morning, elend here. Have been using Realm667 resources in my last WAD (hurt.wad) and love the repository as a whole. Wanted to give back now and submit my own creations. Still have to figure it out a bit, but I hope soon one of my creations can be added to the repository. :D

• karltroid51
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
4 years 11 months ago #15 by karltroid51
Replied by karltroid51 on topic Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Karltroid51, I've been on the internet forever and I've been playing games since I could first walk. I'm a big fan of the Realm667 repository and am deeply thankful it exists, as it helps me make my own projects and whatnot. :)

Seeing as I've recently learned how to make feature-complete assets, and I've used a lot of free, high-quality stuff from here, I've decided to give back and share whatever I make to help other users. I hope to submit more than just a paltry Laser Cannon and Commando from here on out!

• EndHack
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
4 years 11 months ago #16 by EndHack
Replied by EndHack on topic Introduce Yourself
Hi im EndHack aka CoolKing and I like mapping even though im not very good at it

• Blue Shadow
  • Blue Shadow's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #17 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Introduce Yourself
Welcome to the site, people.

• Undeadmonk354
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
3 years 10 months ago #18 by Undeadmonk354
Replied by Undeadmonk354 on topic Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Undeadmonk354, I first registered in Zdoom forums in 2016 and now I'm here on Realm667.

• JohnCook1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #19 by JohnCook1994
Replied by JohnCook1994 on topic Introduce Yourself
Hey guys, I think it's ultra late for me to introduce myself. My name is Johnnie and I am practicing on making maps and improving things for coding as well. I am a hardcore GZDOOM guy. Also, I am staff from this site. I am also new to GLDEFS and Brightmaps and Zscripts, but I have gigantic knowledge of DECORATE and other SLADE 3 perks.

• KHJason25
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
3 years 9 months ago #20 by KHJason25
Replied by KHJason25 on topic Introduce Yourself
Hello, I am KHJason25. I am known by way too many names. And I like video games.