header general

Introduce Yourself

• JohnCook1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #21 by JohnCook1994
Replied by JohnCook1994 on topic Introduce Yourself
Pleasure to meet you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TyrannotitanFan
  • Lost Soul
  • Lost Soul
More
2 years 10 months ago #22 by TyrannotitanFan
Replied by TyrannotitanFan on topic Introduce Yourself
Hello
I'm Tyrannotitan Fan and i do some medicore Doom mods (mostly maps)

• Jack Krausser
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
2 years 8 months ago #23 by Jack Krausser
Replied by Jack Krausser on topic Introduce Yourself
Hi, I just started learning ZScript and got really hooked. I'm From Chile and currently Working in some awesome projects for the Item Store. To give you an idea, I'll release a Set of Gear named as '#Special Gear'. This kind of Gear will give company to players Through their jorney unlocking Combat and Interactive Skills to their Owners (However, those wont have compatibility with Multiplayer sadly)

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
2 years 6 months ago #24 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic Wazzzup
Howdy.

Those from the zdoom forums already know me. I'm a former OG Map builder from 3D Realms. I've made a lot of Duke3D maps and now I'm trying my hand at Doom map building. The coding is the same principle as Build but a lot less user friendly in terms of functions, so I've had to re-teach myself a lot of code. Needless to say, I'm really getting back into the groove. I would really love to learn to create custom weapon and item sprites. Would love to make an Anti-Tank Rifle. I can code it all but need some inspiration and actual drawing skills! XD

Thanks all. Love this site so much. However, there's a lot of weapon sprites being held off to the right in terms of orientation. Call me 
old school but I love the middle orientated versions. 

Cheers.

• Captain Mobius
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
1 year 10 months ago #25 by Captain Mobius
Replied by Captain Mobius on topic Introduce Yourself

Hello

I have created a tribute game to the original ReBoot cartoon. I created it during Covid Lockdown. I took me about two years to complete.I created all the sprites myself using my Amiga emulator, using Personal Paint.

AUTHOR == Captain Mobius.
BUILDER == GZ Doom Builder.
FORMAT == UDMF.
MAP NO == MAP01.
GAME == DOOM 2.
ENGINE == GZDOOM

I give you full permission to edit or change anything.The ZIP file contains the game wad and text info and text walkthrough.
I have included screen grabs.I made this for fun and to learn how to map build in doom.I hope you enjoy it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_I5ueVtTkqkhg3q6rU_UktaCy12NGDA/view?usp=sharing 

• Illusive_Design
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
3 months 1 week ago #26 by Illusive_Design
Replied by Illusive_Design on topic Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm new to the scene but not to DOOM. 'Played' my first level when I was about 5 or 6, back in 1993. Kept playing it now and then through my life. Always wanted to make my own levels and last week I made the decision to do so.

So I'm currently working on my own map/episode and I just love working with the Ultimate Doom Builder. The focus will be a small story driven beginning before all hell breaks loose. You will start at a space station and descend to the surface of Mars. There things will get progressively worse.

I am however looking for sprites of UAC personnel. so not zombies or holding weapons. I can use the fist marine from allied marines.wad for now. But eventually I will edit the zombie scientists I found here to look 'normal'.

• SSkies
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
3 months 1 week ago #27 by SSkies
Replied by SSkies on topic Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Skies. Greetings from Argentina. I'm just a nostalgic Doom and Heretic fan from the old days. A classic boomer. I started playing when I was 5 or 6; in Argentina we only had the free demos, so back then it was only Knee-Deep and City of the Damned for me. I started mapping when I was 12 or 13, in a spanish community that is long dead. I still remember using WadAuthor and XWE back then. Of course, I was just a kid and I never managed to do anything really playable. I came back to mapping years later and did a lot of better things, but since procrastination is a fundamental part of my life, I never managed to finish anything. I did, however, learn to do lots of cool things in the ZDoom format (now UDMF) which were unbeliavable when I was younger.

I really like to do things but is easy for me to get tired and drop everything, so I'll probably leave and then come back, as I always did. I expect at least to do some nice stuff before I drop everything again, and learn to do cool things on the way, which I'm already doing - I just recently learnt to recolour sprites and create a little more complex monsters and weapons. I may have a pretty limited knowledge on design and stuff but, it's incredible how you can do a lot of different stuff just by messing with a few availiable resources and a small set of techniques.

And, I think that's all. For now, I just want to keep learning. Btw, I'm 30 now, so I'm definitely a classic nostalfag.

See ya!