• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #51 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic Weapons Resource Wad
I came across this sprite based on the Nuker, made by Skelegant

I'm thinking about updating the Thermonuker with an edit of this sprite, or maybe make a new weapon... What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #52 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic Weapons Resource Wad
I'd say it's better than having unedited Hacx sprites

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #53 by DeVloek
I had a feeling you would say that :XD:

Alright, I'm on it.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #54 by DeVloek
Here's the ThermoNuker v2.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OzJ0v-5dixHXtZo6ayK3rOqbiXYPsrr/view?usp=sharing

base sprite

with light layers

Also added a low hum idle sound and brightmaps for the ammo pickups. Weapon behavior remains unchanged.
For now the new sprites are not entirely converted to Doompal. I'll try to convert them later if needed.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #55 by DeVloek
I tried converting some of the sprites to Doom pallette but it looked kinda bad so I scratched that.
But I did some small improvements to the code, fixed a bug with the ammo icons and improved the weapon pickup sprite a little bit. I think it's good to go unless something else comes up. The file in above post is up-to-date.

btw @Gothic I just found a small bug in the Nitromite and I didn't wanna make another thread. In GLDEFS, the last 2 lines both have a typo with an extra G, should be NTMTN0 and NTMTO0 instead. I didnt even notice until i went through the logs looking for something else :ouch: I fixed it and uploaded to my google drive .
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by DeVloek.

• Gothic
More
2 months 5 days ago #56 by Gothic
I updated the Nitromite, but there's a bug with the Thermonuker, the "PowerAnim" overlay is still visible when you die.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 months 4 days ago #57 by DeVloek

the "PowerAnim" overlay is still visible when you die.
Fixed https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OzJ0v-5dixHXtZo6ayK3rOqbiXYPsrr/view?usp=sharing

This is a weird bug, I have no idea why the overlay lowers normally when you deselect the weapon but it stays on screen when you die and the weapon is lowered automatically... I tried all kinds of tricks and even learned a few new things along the way, but it seems like in case of player death, lowering the overlay all the way off-screen does not work at all, it stops right at the bottom. In the end I just added a check for the player's health, so if you're dead the overlay is simply destroyed.

• Gothic
More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #58 by Gothic
All custom layers need to be cleared manually with A_ClearOverlays, or by setting them to "" with A_Overlay. If you want them to stay for a little longer, use it after a couple of frames:
Code:
Deselect: YWEP AAAAA 1 A_Lower(); TNT1 A 0 A_ClearOverlays(min layer, max layer); Loop;
Last edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Gothic.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 months 4 days ago #59 by DeVloek
Clearing the layer isn't the issue, it's about the layer not lowering together with the weapon when you die. When you look at the select and deselect states you can see that the layer is initially transparent and is faded in while rising, and faded out while lowering the weapon. Which works fine when selecting and deselecting but for some reason the layer does not fade out nor lower down when you die.
The obvious fix was to check for the player's health and clear the layer incase they're dead. There may be a better way but it should do.